Bergstan South Africa is a modern multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with a 60-year established presence in South Africa. The company is constituted as a South African Private Company (Pty) Ltd and operates within the prescripts of the Engineering Professions Act of South Africa (Act No. 46 of 2000).
The company is also a member firm of Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA) and subscribes to its Code of Conduct.
The company has adopted the ISO 9001 Quality Management Procedures and is regularly assessed and certified by the SABS.
The company currently maintains R25 million of professional indemnity insurance but no claims are outstanding against the company.
Bergstan has embraced the need to uncover innovative and environmentally protective solutions within all its designs and development procedures. The company therefore resolved to remain a committed member of the Green Building Council.
Bergstan is currently holding a Level 4 BBBEE Status as verified by the Beever Accreditation Agency.
Bergstan SA is functionally designed in a simple organizational structure:
- Board of Executive Directors with a non-executive Chairman
- Executive Committee with a Managing Director
- A selection of Technical Directors and Associates in each discipline
- A group of Shareholders including a Staff Trust
- A regional branch office in Gauteng
The primary operational functions include:
- Civil Engineering Department
- Structural Engineering Department
- Project Management Department (including Management Services)
- Administration Support functions (HR, Marketing, IT, Finance and Office Services)